Moving from abroad (immigration)

Are you moving from abroad to Beuningen and you will stay a minimum of four months in the next six months in the Netherlands, you must personally register within five days of arrival at the town hall. Do you have a partner and/or children who also need to be registered, then they also must come in person. You will then be registered in the basic registration (all of them) people (BRP).


Each one must come in person to the town hall. Always make an appointment by telephone. Call 14 024 (from abroad + 31 24 678 08 00).

Bring to the appointment

  • Valid ID of every person who needs to be registered. Those persons should be present at the appointment.
  • Proof of deregistration (this is only necessary if you come from Aruba or the Netherlands Antilles).
  • Rent or purchase agreement or if you move in by someone: consent of the main tenant.
  • Original documents of life events in your time abroad of yourself and of your child (ren), for example, birth certificate, marriage certificate, divorce certificate. You may be asked to provide additional information and supporting documents. Documents from abroad often have to bear stamps and signatures (authentication). This is country dependent and there are exceptions.